Enjoyed Gaby, Lost And Found?
Please leave a review and help more readers find my books! Thank you!
Wanted: One amazing forever home for one amazing sixth grader.
When Gaby Ramirez Howard starts volunteering at the local animal shelter, she takes special pride in writing adoption advertisements. Her flyers help the cats and dogs there find their forever homes: places where they’ll be loved and cared for, no matter what. Gaby is in need of a forever home herself. Her mother has recently been deported to Honduras and Gaby doesn’t know where to turn. Meanwhile, Gaby’s favorite shelter cat, Feather, needs a new place to live. Gaby would love to adopt her– but if Gaby doesn’t have a place that feels like home to her, how can she help Feather?
“A timely, touching and nuanced portrayal of real-life challenges experienced by children in mixed-status families.”
“A timely and important story about immigration, deportation, and abandonment wrapped in a warm-hearted tale that will appeal to all.”
—Sonia Manzano, Emmy Award-winning actress who plays “Maria” on Sesame Street and Pura Belpre Honor Award winning author of The Revolution of Evelyn Serrano
“A tender debut that is heartbreaking and heartwarming.”
—Diana Lopez, author of Confetti Girl
Awards & Recognition
- The Bank Street College Center for Children’s Literature’s Best Children’s Books of the Year
- International Latino Book Award for Best Youth Chapter Fiction Novel
- Rhode Island Children’s Book Award Nominee
- Missouri Association of School Librarians Readers Mark Twain Award finalist
- Colorado Children’s Book Award nominee
- South Carolina Children’s Book Award nominee
- Connecticut Children’s Nutmeg Book Award nominee
- Iowa Children’s Choice Award nominee
- Massachusett’s Children’s Book Award nominee
- Washington Sasquatch Book Award Nominee
- Idaho Kids Vote Book Award Nominee
- Named one of the 33 Latino Middle Grade Books You Should Know
- Named one of the Top Ten Books of 2016