Angela Cervantes has conducted on-site and virtual author visits with over thousands of students all over the country. As part of her school presentations, students and teachers get the scoop on the author’s creative writing process and secret tidbits about her books.
**At this time, the author is only scheduling virtual visits. Please see details below.**
Author On-Site Presentation
- Fun, interactive presentation (40-45 minutes) will take the audience along Angela’s journey from book worm to published author.
- Includes photographs and readings, students and teachers are shown how the book writing and creative process starts for the author.
- Suggested audience: Grades 3rd-6th
- Q&A with students and/or a book signing. (5-10 minutes)
- Fee for on-site presentation: Please contact Angela
Author Virtual Visit
- Using Skype, Google Hangout or any other preferred virtual platform, the author will provide a 15 minute talk and a 15 minute Q&A with the students (30-35 minutes total).
- Suggested audience: Grades 3rd-8th
- Schools should plan to have students read one of Angela’s books before session to facilitate the book discussion.
- Fee for virtual visit: $200
Order Books for Author Visit
Schools and libraries may order Angela’s books for an upcoming author visit at a discounted rate directly from Scholastic.
Great School Visit Memories!
“After reading her book, my school decided to invite her to our 2nd Young Author’s Week. The students loved her visit and many students got to meet her up close during the author signing! She was so gracious and kind to the students. Her presentation was AWESOME!”
—Shu-Fen Eversole, Bob Lewis Elementary Librarian; San Antonio, Texas
“Angela’s school visit captivated our young readers with the story of how Gaby Lost and Found traveled from her imagination to a published book! She was such an engaging speaker and was so kind to the many fans who lined up to get their books signed and share a few moments with her. We can’t wait for her next book tour!”
—Mary Loftus, Development Director; Topeka Collegiate School, Topeka, Kansas
“We had a great author Skype with Angela! She talked about the writing process with students and gave us some great sneak peaks into her new book. Our students were already hooked on Angela’s books and now even more so!”
—Sarah Rosslan, Library Media Specialist; Cedar Hill Elementary, Jefferson City, Missouri